CHARM EZ-M SYSTEM
Perform Real-time Analysis on Raw Ingredients
The Charm EZ-M system was the feed & grain industry’s first available combined incubator and reader. The Charm EZ-M reads any quantitative ROSA mycotoxin strip used for grain testing including tests for aflatoxin, DON (vomitoxin), fumonisin, ochratoxin, T-2 / HT-2 toxins, and zearalenone that are GISPA certified for multiple commodities. Each of these mycotoxin tests has a different color strip for automatic identification on the Charm EZ-M system.
Testing is so fast and simple that many facilities use the Charm EZ-M system to perform real-time analysis on raw ingredients as part of acceptance testing. By screening grains in the receiving area, food manufacturers can be assured that raw materials are of an acceptable quality.
The Charm EZ-M System:
- Is fully customizable to meet your facility’s needs. Only the tests, commodities, and dilutions for the specific detection levels you run appear. Use to incubate and read tests; or, to perform batch testing, externally incubate multiple tests and read results in the Charm EZ-M system.
- Will self-diagnose common errors, such as re-running the same strip or adding too much sample.
- Provides data redundancy and convenient transfer to external computers. The internal memory backs up 8000 test results; the SD card stores over 100,000 test results. Results are transferred to a PC using a standard USB cable, wirelessly, or with the SD card reader. Results can also be transferred to a LIMS network.
- Is configured in your choice of languages.
- Runs any quantitative ROSA mycotoxin test, including USDA GIPSA approved tests
- Automatically selects the correct incubation time, temperature, and calibration settings
- Displays only the tests, commodities, and dilutions that your facility uses
- Combined incubator and reader
- Can be used with external incubators to read test results in a batched sample mode
- Is self-diagnosing; finds and displays common errors for immediate correction
- Provides data redundancy and easy data transfer to a computer
- Has a touch screen display
- Is multilingual
Peel Plate Microbial Tests
Food and Water Microbiology Made Easy
Designed and developed for sanitation verification, product shelf life monitoring, and to be early warning of pathogen risks, Peel Plate Microbial tests are simplified alternatives to conventional microbiological testing.
Peel Plates use gold-standard method formulation and procedures and are available for targeting a variety of bacterial indicators to supplement most food safety programs. The tests and indicator results can be documented, recorded, and proactively reacted to in your effective food safety and consumer protection programs.
Validated food matrices include dairy products, meat, produce rinses, water, and food environmental monitoring. With Peel Plate, you receive the same trusted results without the media prep time and labor. In addition, Peel Plates use an easy to interpret color development to determine bacterial growth, rather than a more subjective gas production of some other methods.
Each single-use microbial test contains prepared media in a shallow dish with an adhesive top cover. To plate a food or water sample, peel up the adhesive to expose the media, pipette into the center of the plate, watch the sample wick and spread into the media. The test gels solidify within 10 seconds (30 seconds for High Volume test). Plates are designed for uniform heat and air flow and with an air space above growth to allow opening and picking of growth for additional microbiological procedures and identification.
Peel Plate certifications and acceptances include AOAC, and Pasteurized Milk Ordinance (PMO) and MicroVal on select plates and foods.
Peel Plate AC Test
Peel Plate AC nutrient rich non-selective media encourages the growth of all aerobic, oxygen consuming bacteria. Aerobic counts are used as tools in identifying sanitation issues, potential shelf life issues, and are considered elevated listeria risk indicator in food production environmental monitoring. Peel Plate AC are AOAC-RI validated and PMO approved for a variety of dairy, food and environmental samples. Aerobes appear as red spots with a defined center within 48 hours at 32 or 35ºC; size may vary.
Peel Plate CC Test
Total Coliform Peel Plate CC selective media encourages the growth of coliform bacteria. The presence of coliform is an indicator of unsanitary conditions in raw products. Coliform are killed by effective heat steps in food processing. Coliform appear as red colonies within 24 hours at 32 or 35°C. Coliforms are closely regulated in dairy and some foods the US and Peel Plate Coliform tests are listed in the PMO.
Peel Plate EC Test
Generic E.coli, considered a fecal risk indicator, is a subset of coliform and are differentiated with the Peel Plate EC formulation. Peel Plate EC are AOAC-RI validated for a number of dairy products, meat rinses, water testing, and environmental sampling. Coliform appear as round red colonies and E. coli as round blue colonies within 24 hours at 35°C and the sum of red and blue are total coliform.
novaLUM II ATP Detection System
Advanced Sensitivity: The novaLUM II ATP Detection System is a palm sized luminometer that offers superior science for advanced sanitation control. It utilizes a technologically advanced photomultiplier tube (PMT) that amplifies ATP (adenosine triphosphate) allowing detection of lower levels of microbial and organic contamination.
This is a distinct advantage over systems that use less sensitive PMTs or photodiodes. The novaLUM II system’s PMT has low noise, a greater dynamic range, a faster response time, and accuracy over a wider temperature range.
Audit Compliant: Meet internal and 3rd party audits with novaLUM II ATP detection system’s Swab Site Location, Re-test option, and a variety of other customizable features to comply with HACCP and GFSI documentation. The novaLUM II system even identifies areas that have not been re-cleaned and/or retested.
Customizable: Not only is the novaLUM II system extremely versatile, it is also easily customizable to your facility’s needs. Your Charm sales or service representative will assist you in programming your novaLUM II system with the names of the specific tests you will perform, so you have a completely automated test plan. Different pass/ fail thresholds can be assigned to single test areas or to categories.
Enhanced Data Analytics: The novaLUM II system has enhanced onboard data analysis tools including the ability to search historical results and add corrective action results and to generate graphs for rapid analysis of Pass/Fail percentages for key areas of the plant. With built-in wireless connectivity these graphs can be emailed to key managers immediately after pre-op.
The novaLUM II system supports a variety of HACCP-friendly Charm ATP-based tests designed to strengthen hygiene monitoring programs and QA processes. These include the PocketSwab Plus swabs, FieldSwab, WaterGiene, and AllerGiene swabs.
- Wirelessly email analytical graphs from novaLUM II system
- Include corrective action notes directly to test results on the novaLUM II system
- Add new swabbing locations through the novaLUM II touch screen
- 9 hour rechargeable/replaceable battery
- Fully customizable with novaLINK software
The Charm EPIC system is a microplate bioluminescence system that predicts spoilage in shelf-stable, ultra high temperature (UHT), and extended shelf life (ESL) beverage products.
EPIC detects ATP, a bio-marker of microbiological quality. The EPIC system can screen beverage products in as little as 24 to 36 hours.
The product is incubated in its original package (PET bottle, carton, single serve) to accelerate the microbial growth of any bacteria present. After incubation, samples are pipetted into a microplate and inserted in the EPIC system. EPIC automatically performs reagent additions, incubations, readings, and analysis. Data is managed by EPICLink software, which provides real-time analysis, trending, and editing capabilities.
Products that can be tested include white milks, flavored milks, soy beverages, creams, yogurt-based drinks, lactose-free milk, ice cream and shake mixes, rice milk, condensed milk, broths, and nutritional drinks.
- Fast results reduce warehouse hold times
- Only 24 to 36 hours incubation needed for most products
- Thirty minutes testing time for a full 96-well plate
- Patented microplate mask eliminates interference between wells
- Reagents are sized so that all can be changed at the same time without waste